Powers Dental Group in Colorado Springs is looking for a Full-Time Registered Dental Hygienist to join our amazing team. We are a large private practice with a focus on patient care and concern as our number one priority as well as providing a safe work place environment where we have implemented CDC and ADA PPE safety protocols. We are looking for someone who is dedicated and great at what you do and is a team player. We offer competitive pay as well as well as a Provider Loyalty Program which starts day one. We also offer Health, Dental and Vision and Life Insurance and 401K. Our office is open Monday - Thursday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Friday 7:30am to 5:00pm and Saturdays 8:00am to 2:00pm.
• Provide superior patient care and service; exhibit outstanding customer service and hospitality as well as chair side manner.
• Take radiographs of patients using standard dental radiographic equipment
• Stay on schedule as much as possible to create no patient wait time; help manage patient flow; maintain time flexibility for patient; be present, engaged, ready to work at all assigned shift times.
• Educate patient on oral hygiene, health, disease as well as procedures and services; establish/communicate continued care.
• Applying preventive materials to the teeth such as fluorides and sealants
• Verify patient health history and document appropriately in patients chart.
• Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
• Perform the following duties as applicable by practice and/or state laws:
• Screen for Oral Cancer
• Take and record patients’ blood pressure accurately
• Maintain accurate and legible notes in patients chart
• Valid Dental Hygienist License Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Dental Hygiene
• Certification for other duties as required by state practice act
• Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training as required by law
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Versed in Dentrix is preferred
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of all company policies and rules