Powers Dental Group in Colorado Springs, CO is expanding and seeking an excellent Dental Assistant to join our team. We have an outstanding team and if you would like to join us we need someone who is an excellent team player, energetic, great communication skills who understand that we treat our patients like family. Must have chair side dental assisting experience, know Dentrix software and have a digital x-ray background. We offer competitive pay, 401K, Medical, Eye, and Dental Insurance.
- Provide outstanding customer service for the patient; excellent chair side manner.
- Assist the doctor with all dental procedures
- Take radiographs of patients using standard dental radiographic equipment
- Perform efficient and accurate procedures to help maintain doctors’ schedule and patient flow; create no patient wait time; maintain time flexibility for patient; be present, engaged, ready to work at all assigned shift times.
- Review patient chart prior to doctor arrival and log appropriate patient data during exam and treatment as well as transcribe doctor notes in patient chart
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Follow organizations safety policies and procedures
- Have knowledge and understanding of dental terminology sufficient to perform job successfully
- Verify patient health history (basic health review, medications, understanding impact with dentistry) and document appropriately in patients chart.
- Prior DA experience is required
- Versed in Dentrix is preferred
- Outstanding positive attitude and demeanor
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of all company policies and rules
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Will need to work Saturdays 7:45 AM through 2:00PM.