Powers Dental Group in Colorado Springs is looking for a Full-Time Registered Dental Hygienist to join our amazing team. We are a large private practice with a focus on patient care and concern as our number one priority as well as providing a safe work place environment where we have implemented CDC and ADA PPE safety protocols. We are looking for someone who is dedicated and great at what you do and is a team player. We offer competitive pay as well as well as a Provider Loyalty Program which starts day one. We also offer Health, Dental and Vision and Life Insurance and 401K. Our office is open Monday - Thursday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Friday 7:30am to 5:00pm and Saturdays 8:00am to 2:00pm.
- Provide superior patient care and service; exhibit outstanding customer service and hospitality as well as chair side manner.
- Take radiographs of patients using standard dental radiographic equipment
- Stay on schedule as much as possible to create no patient wait time; help manage patient flow; maintain time flexibility for patient; be present, engaged, ready to work at all assigned shift times.
- Educate patient on oral hygiene, health, disease as well as procedures and services; establish/communicate continued care.
- Applying preventive materials to the teeth such as fluorides and sealants
- Verify patient health history and document appropriately in patients chart.
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Perform the following duties as applicable by practice and/or state laws:
- Screen for Oral Cancer
- Take and record patients' blood pressure accurately
- Maintain accurate and legible notes in patients chart
- Valid Dental Hygienist License Minimum of an Associate's degree in Dental Hygiene
- Certification for other duties as required by state practice act
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training as required by law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Versed in Dentrix is preferred
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of all company policies and rules