Our growing South Austin Ortho team is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, all star, registered dental assistant. If you are energetic, bubbly and positive and are looking for a position with an amazing team environment and fantastic doctor's, then this position is for you.
We provide the best quality of care for all our patients and are a leading healthcare provider in San Antonio and surrounding areas. Our practice is looking for a responsible and talented individual to join our team.
To be a successful member of our team you need to have great customer service, high energy and a positive and friendly attitude.
$500 SIGN ON BONUS - PAID ON FIRST CHECK!!
- Communicates with the patients (parents/guardians), orthodontist and other team members effectively
- Prepares all orthodontic treatment rooms in advance of orthodontic patient
- Handles hazardous chemicals in a safe manner
- Restocks all orthodontic treatment rooms and other clinical support areas
- Performs periodic inventory of all orthodontic supplies
- Responsible for traveling crate of orthodontic supplies between multiple locations
- Welcomes patients to treatment rooms in a timely fashion
- Keeps the patient schedule on time by being aware of the daily schedule, working efficiently and as a member of a cohesive team
- Takes x-rays as prescribed
- Assists the orthodontist with all registered dental assisting duties, including orthodontic procedures
- Records treatment rendered
- Instructs patients in oral hygiene
- Escorts patient to the business area for follow-up and scheduling
- May be called upon to schedule next appointment
- Sterilizes instruments and equipment after each patient appointment
- Maintains cleanliness of treatment rooms and sterilization area
- Can accept constructive criticism
- Proficient in using conflict resolution and problem-solving techniques in managing interpersonal conflict and patient complaints Is organized, motivated, committed and self-directed
- Demonstrates ability to use assigned computer software and other equipment
- Completes annual education and/or licensing requirements, if applicable
- Maintains dependable job attendance
- Adheres to all safety and infection control rules
- Uses appropriate safety equipment.
- Complies with HIPAA and maintains confidential information
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Orthodontic experience preferred but willing to train the right person
- Bilingual is a plus but not necessary
- All required certifications for dental assisting
- Ability to travel to multiple locations within a territory to provide orthodontic dental assisting services is required
*Must be willing to travel to (travel pay included) Pleasanton, San Antonio, Seguin, San Marcos, and Lockhart*